Friday, November 25, 2016

Data Science Certification with Coursera

For the past year I've been working on a Data Science Certificate with Coursera. At first I was really excited about it. But as I've taken 9 classes toward the certificate I've gotten a little jaded. This is due to a few factors:

1. Cheating - The forum moderators have complained about the number of people who simply cut'n'paste from other website and submit that as their work. Which degrades what I have done.

2. Lack of Real World Knowledge - When I look at job openings in Data Science, I see they require developers with skills that are not at all related to the languages and exercises I've been doing for the certificate.

Link to one project I did for the classes I've taken:
http://rpubs.com/earlbingham/177552


No comments: