Saturday, July 25, 2020

Windows vs Mac

Normally every few years I switch between Windows and Mac for software development. Usually this is a painless process, and now that Windows 10 has the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) I have been kind of happy. But now I have some BIG issues that I need to blog about so that I don't forget in 2050 (That is how old I plan to get to, I'll be 80 in 2050...)

1. No Trash Folder - I've been using this Windows laptop for a year now, and finally I deleted something that I wanted back! And then I see that there is no Trash folder! That by default it isn't turned on! And that I would have to change the settings to have it on... So now I use GIT for any files that I care about on this damn box...

2. Note - I'm a big fan of Note app on my old Mac, I have have a lot of notes and with Mac Note app I can sync it between my phone and laptop. And Windows doesn't have a good alternative. So now I'm paying for Evernote since I need my notes on all my devices...

3. Dark Mode - its just feels better on Mac, and all the apps I use on Mac support it. But with Windows a lot of apps I use don't plan to ever support it on Windows...

No comments: